The next communion opportunity will be June 7.
Dear Friends in Christ,
As Christians who confess one of the creeds every Sunday, we proclaim that the God of the universe who created everything took on human flesh and walked among us-Jesus willingly chose to be bound by space and time. In the same way, we believe that Jesus gives us His Body and Blood in, with and under bread and wine in the Lord’s Supper-Jesus binds himself to certain elements in a physical location for the forgiveness of our sins and the strengthening of our faith.
We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper at St. John’s, but it will be different. There will be some steps that we need to take as to how this will all work. Read the procedure below and watch the video to prepare.
- We will be distributing the Lord’s Supper to you in your vehicle. As you prepare to come, please only ride in the same vehicle with members of your household to maintain social distancing requirements.
- We will be celebrating the Lord’s Supper between NOON and 4:00 PM – You don’t all need to come at NOON – -come any time during these hours.
- Please enter the church parking from 6th Ave on the west side of the property furthest from Kwik Trip. There will be three stations and parking attendants there to guide you.
- Please remain in your car at all times!
- As you approach the communion station, a station attendant will ask how many in your car will be communing – indicate how many will be coming to the Lord’s Table. Please note: we will be abiding by our usual communion statement and practice that is published each week and below.
- One of the pastors will lead you through a brief service that will include a time of confession and absolution, the words of institution so that you can hear the promise again, and a blessing and dismissal. This brief service will be distributed via the St. John’s app and paper as you enter the parking lot.
- The pastor, after consecrating the elements, will distribute the elements via the driver’s door on a tray. Please touch only the tray.
- Regarding sanitary safeguards, each pastor and attendant will be wearing masks and gloves. Each tray will be sanitized after each use.
- As you exit the parking lot, please only turn right onto Fifth Avenue.
These guidelines have been developed by the St. John’s Pastoral and Worship Teams in conjunction with the West Bend Police Department. There may be a few bumps and frustrations along the way, so thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. We are joyfully looking forward to receiving the Lord’s Body and Blood as a family together, even in this strange time!